- Contact merging (bug
you talk to the same person on multiple IM networks you can now
combine the buddies from each network into a single contact. When
opening a new chat the buddy that is online will be chosen
automatically and the conversation window will automatically change
to another buddy if they switch to a different IM network.
- Tags have begun to be
(to replace the groups concept in the current buddy list). Tags can
be hidden by clicking the “x” on the right side of the buddy list,
all buddies from this tag will go into an “Other Contacts” tag
automatically, which is shown at the bottom of the buddy list.
- The buddy list can now be closed on Mac without Instantbird quitting
It can be reopened from the Dock.
- Offline contacts vs. unknown contacts are now differentiated with
- Instantbird has been upgraded from libpurple 2.7.9 to
Changes of note include a fix for adding buddies in MSN (see all
changes at their change
- Dark variant of the “Simple” skin (bug
- For Developers:
- Extensions are now able to register commands (bug
- Instantbird 0.3a2pre nightlies are now based on the
mozilla-2.0 branch instead of the mozilla-central trunk
This is the version of the Mozilla source that is used in Firefox 4.x.
Known Issues with Nightly Builds (0.3a2pre):
- No feedback when an extension fails to install (bug
- Sounds do not work when the buddy list is closed on Mac (bug
- Commands do not work in protocol overrides (i.e. GTalk, Facebook)
- Twitter dumps too much information to the error console (bug
- Release 0.3 alpha 2.
- A detailed
the continued work on 0.3 has been released. Please take a look and
- Instantbird is participating in Google Summer of Code
Mozilla has been gracious enough to allow us to participate this year
as part of their organization; you can see ideas and information on
- Contact us via email (any
email to this address can be found in our public Google
IRC if you have any question.
- Applications are due Friday, April 6th, 2011 at 12:00 PM PDT!