We’ve released Instantbird 1.3 (get your copy here)! This update includes some nice improvements, which are fully outlined in the release notes. A few changes of note are:
- IRC: Long messages will now be sent in multiple parts, and more authentication methods are supported to connect e.g. to Freenode.
- Twitter: Replying to a tweet now replies to all users, just like on the Twitter website!
- User’s nicknames are now highlighted when mentioned in a chat.
- Two new social networks were added: Odnoklassniki and VKontakte.
- Various connection issues with Twitter and XMPP based networks were fixed.
- Accessibility improvements.
Unfortunately, this will be the last release to support Mac OS 10.5 and PPC, as we will be unable to support these once we upgrade Instantbird to Mozilla 17.
We’ve got plenty of interesting new features and ideas for upcoming versions of Instantbird! We will update to a more recent version of Mozilla with awesome new features, imagine all the cool things we can do with technologies like WebRTC!