After a few months without any release, we are glad to announce the release of Instantbird 0.1.3! This should be the last minor release before Instantbird 0.2 on which the work has already started (we are currently working on localization stuff).
This version contains several new features, but is also a stability/bugfix release.
- New features:
- Proxy support: you can now use HTTP and Socks proxies.
- Typing notifications: you can know when the person you are talking to is typing.
- Automatic reconnection: when a non fatal connection error occurs (e.g. network failure), the account is automatically reconnected after a few seconds.
- Idleness: servers are notified when you are idle so that your status is changed.
- Better handling of chat rooms: the topic of the room and the list of participants are displayed, IRC commands work.
- Findbar: it is now easy to search in a conversation, with a findbar similar to the Firefox one. A notable difference is that it searches backwards by default, so that the most recent matching messages are found first.
- Universal build: the Mac binary now also works on PPC Macs.
- Updated: Instantbird 0.1.3 is based on libpurple 2.5.2 and Mozilla 1.9.1b2.
- Improved stability: we used the crash reports that we got from the 0.1.2 release and nightly builds to fix bugs that resulted in crashes.
You can download Instantbird 0.1.3 for Windows, Mac or Linux from this page. Of course you can also download the source code.
We look forward to get your feedback on this release. You can comment on this post or join us on IRC in #instantbird.