Weekly meetings are held every Monday at 4pm UTC (that’s 6pm for people in France, and 9am for people in San Francisco) in #instantbird on irc.mozilla.org.
The second weekly meeting discussed some final details for the 1.1 release, which happened on October 18, 2011! Read the blog post about the release. In addition, some plans for Instantbird 1.2 were discussed.
Development Issues Discussed:
- Instantbird 1.1:
- SSL Issues with GTalk
- Focus issues on the buddy list
- Release candidates for all localization prepared
- Instantbird 1.2:
- Check in the backlog patches that have been reviewed
- Update to Mozilla 8 or Mozilla 9
- Strive toward making libpurple optional
Non-Development Issues Discussed:
- Florian Quèze will be attending the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit this coming weekend
- Publicity for 1.1 release
Ways to Help Out:
- A QA/testing team would help to find regressions and bugs quickly
- Help is needed in organizing the localization effort and keeping them up to date with information
Stop by at our next meeting on October 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM France time. Oh, and try out Instantbird 1.1 if you haven’t (and tell your friends)!