It’s been over two months from our last status update and a lot of changes and updates have occurred (from changeset to changeset). Below we list changes for the nightly trunk builds of Instantbird (0.3a1pre).
- Basic support for Twitter was added (bug 598).
When the twitter account is connected, a timeline conversation automatically opens. If the conversation is closed by the user, it’s reopened automatically when new messages arrive. The user should disconnect the account from the account manager to prevent new messages from being displayed.
There’s a “track” advanced option that allows to specify keywords to track. This is a comma separated list of keywords. Comma means OR, space inside a keyword means AND.
- The conversation UI has received a slight update:
On Mac the splitter between the conversation and input boxes was reduced.
For all operating systems, the status bar of the conversation window is now automatically hidden when the window is made small.
- After quite a lot of debate, the wording of the option for when to create a new conversation window was updated (bug 387).
- The conversation window can now be minimized with the ESC key (bug 441).
- Support for Windows CE was dropped.
- The themes preference pane now shows if themes are disabled or incompatible (bug 364).
- Multi-user chats now show an disconnected icon when offline or after leaving a room (bug 520).
- libpurple has been updated to 2.7.9 (from 2.7.3)
- Localized strings with a keyboard accelerator were not localized properly in the ‘Join Chat’ dialog (bug 655).
- For Developers:
- The menus are no longer created with a preprocessor directive and are now included via a XUL overlay (bug 622).
- Release 0.3 alpha 1.
- Florian is attending FOSDEM, where he’ll show Instantbird on Sunday, February 6th, 2011 in a talk about XULRunner Applications entitled “Instantbird and Conkeror — A view from the authors” (Axel Beckert will be discussing Conkeror).
- Research into setting up a non-profit organization.
By the way… Happy new year! Yeah… we are late .